Pages

My daughter said once that we have lots of adventures...so grew New Leaf Nickie, the blog intended to capture most of our adventures. If you've landed here, welcome to life with New Leaf Nickie on Havoc Hill Farm.







Sunday, July 11, 2010

Eleventh -- Ten Things I Learned this Weekend

  1. No Meat Athlete is a VERY informative blog for budding vegetarian runners (like me!).
  2. It is NOT okay to give away baby animals as prizes at carnival-type games!
  3. Putting in a fence is really hard work...especially on your wrists when you're the one hammering!
  4. The country sky is beautiful.
  5. Chickens LOVE raisins out of your hand!  Oh, and it's really hard to get a good picture of a chicken eating a raisin out of your hand.
  6. The Demolition Derby really isn't that fun...at least not as much fun as I remember it being as a kid; HOWEVER...
  7. The Greased Pig Chasing contest is every bit as fun for my kids as it was for me when I was a kid!
  8. Miniature Peach trees grow yummy peaches!
  9. Blackberries are so worth the thorns.
  10. The next three months are going to be very difficult as Joe will be working in
    Washington State.

No comments:

Post a Comment