Pages

My daughter said once that we have lots of adventures...so grew New Leaf Nickie, the blog intended to capture most of our adventures. If you've landed here, welcome to life with New Leaf Nickie on Havoc Hill Farm.







Wednesday, June 30, 2010

I really did it! Here's proof!

So, earlier this year I share that one of my aspirations was to run a 5K.  Mind you, 3.1 miles, I realize, isn't that far, but for someone who'd never actually ran more than one mile in the prime of her youth (yea...I don't really know when that was), 3.1 miles is pretty damn far! 

In April, I did it!  I ran my first 5K ever!  I followed the Couch to 5K program (very highly recommended) and completed my first 5K in 29 minutes.  That's less than a 10 minute mile!  What?  Can I get a hell-to-the-yeah!?  Nope, not too proud to gloat...not me.

Sadly, I don't have any pics to share of that glorious moment.  But, alas, I do have this...


This is my SECOND 5K.  Yep, I was stupid enough to do it again!  This time, with the lack of regular running and the scorching heat, I eeked out a 34:41 time. 

But, there's this one too...
Yep, that's my daughter!  I'm so stinkin' proud of her.  Her first 5K was completed in just over 25 minutes.  This one she managed in just under 30 minutes.  She's awesome!

Oh, yeah, and there's these too!


Not only did I discover the world of running, my sister and most favorite cousin/bestie did too.  This is them racing running next to each other.  Sis is on the left in the yellow tank and Bestie is on the right in pink.  ( By the way, see that guy in the flourescent green/yellow socks?  Those aren't socks...they're leg warmers, probably meant to help his calves in some crazy fashion, but really...leg warmers?  It was 92 degrees at 8 am!  Oh well, he was lapping my sis and bestie at this very moment, so it's probably safe to say he knew what he was doing.)
And, for any non-believers out there...here's my Babe cranking out his first 5K!   

This day was most certainly one of the best days of the summer (so far).  Couldn't be more proud of my family and myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment