Pages

My daughter said once that we have lots of adventures...so grew New Leaf Nickie, the blog intended to capture most of our adventures. If you've landed here, welcome to life with New Leaf Nickie on Havoc Hill Farm.







Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Finally...

 So, I've been thinking a lot about the direction of this blog.  I was talking with my good friend Michelle over at Dilly Dally and Flitter about how I follow so many "frugal" themed blogs and love them.  I have learned so much from and saved so much money with Collin at Hip2Save, Tracie at KC Penny Pinchin Mama and Angela at The Coupon Project, but these ladies, along with a number more, have the market cornered.  In addition, I couldn't possibly have the time to create a "frugal" themed blog...I have no time.  I'm convinced that's why they are so successful.  I've also recently read a number of "crafty" blogs and "organizing" blogs.  Again, no time.  I can't be one of those bloggers.  I've noticed that many...if not  most... of these bloggers are stay-at-home moms.  Unfortunately, I'm not.  I work full time, raise two kids as a single mom, maintain a home (well, sometimes it's maintained), feed and care for three dogs, a cat, and three fish, plus there are ten acres that require A LOT of my time, especially in the summer.  Add to this sports, workouts, and shopping, there's little time for other things.

Hmmm....then it hit me.  The direction of my blog....  Certainly there are other single moms like me who are doing the best they can with the time they have to do it in.  I'm pretty sure my direction has turned to a time/money/home/energy/health/children/work/self management blog geared mostly toward full time working outside the home moms.  I don't foresee posts changing much...lots of money saving tips and ideas to share, some personal goals, some workout schedules, and some random musings.

Being true to myself, though, I'm sure there will be changes....I am reserving that right now.  I can change and grow at anytime.

No comments:

Post a Comment