Pages

My daughter said once that we have lots of adventures...so grew New Leaf Nickie, the blog intended to capture most of our adventures. If you've landed here, welcome to life with New Leaf Nickie on Havoc Hill Farm.







Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Pantry Meal #2

Meal #2 -- Potato/Veggie Soup
(I feel as though I should inform you all that I am a 95% vegetarian, so most of my meals don't contain meat.  you can, however, add cooked chicken to almost anything I cook and call it a meaty meal!)

6 cups prepared veggie broth
8 potatoes cut up in small cubes
fresh carrots
fresh celery
chopped onions
three cloves garlic
salt and pepper to taste
(I meant to add a can of corn to the soup after it was cooked, but I forgot.)

Put this all in a crock pot for about 6 hours and voila!  Soup's done!

One of the things that I've noticed about crock pot cooking is that I DO NOT have time to fix this stuff in the morning.  Heaven forbid I get out of bed any earlier than I have to, so mornings, Nickie and crock pots do not mix well.  To combat this, I've started cooking my crock pot meals overnight.  I prepare the stuff in the evenings after dinner and plug it in when I go to bed.  In the morning, I simply stick the entire pot in the refrigerator (the removable portion only, of course), and when I get home from work, I simply reheat it.  Sometimes, I'll even have my kids put the pot back in the base and turn it back on, so that when I get home it's almost done heating back up.  This has saved many a meal in our house!

Again, I forgot to take pictures of my meal!  Stupid rememberer is still broken!

No comments:

Post a Comment